The Coalition for Recreational Trails is excited to be accepting nominations for its 2023 achievement awards which will recognize outstanding trail projects funded by the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). CRT will host an awards ceremony honoring the winners on January 24, 2024. Special guests, including Members of Congress will be invited to participate.
For more information about CRT visit https://www.americantrails.org/crt.
Award winners will be selected from projects nominated by public agencies, trail administrators or other project sponsors. Projects must be completed in order to receive an award. In addition, projects completed before 2018 are ineligible. Project award categories include:
- Construction and Design
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Public-Private Partnerships and Access to Public Lands
- Community Linkage
- Education and Communication
- Accessibility Enhancement
- Multiple-Use Management and “Corridor Sharing”
- Use of Youth Conservation/Service Corps and Community Outreach
- Engaging Public-Sector Partners
- Enhancement of Federal Lands
We invite you to nominate an outstanding project and/or encourage the sponsor(s) of an excellent project in your state to submit a nomination. We also again encourage those making nominations to solicit support from their Members of Congress to help grow awareness of excellent RTP-funded projects and the program itself.
The nomination process can be completed via an online form found here.
Deadline for nominations is November 17, 2023.