Minnesota State Parks Division of Parks &Trails is currently seeking a full-time Natural Resources Program Coordinator to manage, analyze and coordinate an integrated approach to outdoor recreation programs. This includes the Parks and Recreation Areas program, State Trails and Snowmobile program, Off-highway Vehicle program and the Water and Recreation Program. This position will enhance the division’s capacity to deliver an integrated approach to crosscutting projects, as well as enhancing efforts related to public involvement and stakeholder engagement for key outdoor recreation programs.
Full posting below:
Job ID: 48131 – NR Program Coordinator
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Class: Natural Resources Program Coordinator
Working Title: NR Parks &Trails Program Analyst
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/14/2021
Closing Date: 09/17/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Natural Resources
Division/Unit: Parks and Trails/ Central Office
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: Limited travel for meetings
Salary Range: $27.56 – $40.61/hourly; $57,545 – $84,793/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Division of Parks &Trails is currently seeking a full-time Natural Resources Program Coordinator to manage, analyze and coordinate an integrated approach to outdoor recreation programs. This includes the Parks and Recreation Areas program, State Trails and Snowmobile program, Off-highway Vehicle program and the Water and Recreation Program. This position will enhance the division’s capacity to deliver an integrated approach to crosscutting projects, as well as enhancing efforts related to public involvement and stakeholder engagement for key outdoor recreation programs.
- Program Coordination and Continuous Improvement: Coordinates across statewide outdoor recreation programs and seek opportunities for continuous improvement, and directs the implementation of new and improved work procedures.
- Data Analysis and Communication: Serve as a technical expert on statewide outdoor recreation data and trends that cross multiple outdoor recreation programs, and advise departmental decision makers.
- Project Management: Manage high-priority projects that integrate the work of statewide programs and advance the divisions goals.
This position is currently a telework position which is subject to change.
- A bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Outdoor Recreation, Public Administration, Social Science, Planning or equivalent.
- Three years of professional experience coordinating large programs or projects.
- Experience in communicating effectively orally and in writing to individuals, groups and organizations.
- Experience in program evaluation to include developing materials to convey information and trends (e.g. charts, tables, graphics, maps, etc.)
- Computer skill in word processing, spreadsheets, electronic communications, and presentation software.
- High level of analytical and data analysis skills to review and track technical and financial information, make recommendations, and clearly communicate results.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage complex projects to ensure deadlines and procedural requirements are met.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Experience working in outdoor recreation.
- Experience working on natural resources issues.
- Working knowledge of state and federal recreation laws, rules, and programs.
- Knowledge related to grant processes or allocating or awarding grants.
- Experience working with GIS software.
- Experience and/or certifications in continuous improvement.
- Experience and/or certifications in project management.
- Graduate degree in natural resources, outdoor recreations, public administration, social science, planning, or related field.
Occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
*This position requires an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License with a clear driving record.*
It is policy of the Department of the Natural Resources that all candidates submit to a background check prior to employment.
The background check may consist of the following components:
- Employment Reference Check
- SEMA4 Records Check
- Criminal History Check
- Education/License Verification
Why Work For Us
Our goal as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of State of Minnesota policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people.
We are proud to operate within a Culture of Respect that provides a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for all employees. This means that our employees are respectful to one another and to our customers. We believe that promoting a Culture of Respect allows our employees to do their best work in support of the agency’s mission.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page and submit an application/resume that clearly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please submit your certificate to Becky Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org by the job posting close date.
If you have questions about the position, contact Andrew Korsberg at email@example.com or 651-834-7265.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.