Idaho OHV Enthusiasts:
The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to creating a positive future for off-highway vehicle recreation. You can learn more at www.nohvcc.org.
NOHVCC is working in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and needs your assistance to learn how the BLM can better provide access to high quality OHV recreation experiences in the state of Idaho. NOHVCC and the BLM have partnered to develop a National Motorized Recreation Action Strategy that will help the BLM develop individual state strategies to provide high-quality OHV opportunities and develop partnerships to help maintain those opportunities. The strategies will be used to guide the BLM in future Resource Management Plans (RMP) and Travel Management Plans (TMP); however, the strategies are NOT part of a specific travel management plan. In developing these strategies, you as a rider will have a chance to share your thoughts on the following topics:
- What activities are taking place on BLM managed land in Idaho?
- Where in general are these OHV activities taking place?
- What experiences are you looking for on BLM managed land?
- Where might these missing activities fit on BLM managed land in Idaho?
- What could the BLM do better to enhance your recreation experience?
Without your help and the help of other OHV recreationalists like you, we will not be able to answer the questions above and you could miss out on a chance to provide ideas that could lead to enhancements to the areas and trail systems you enjoy. To help us gather this very important information, NOHVCC will be holding a series of community listening sessions and we ask that you participate in one of these sessions. The sessions will be held:
- September 13: 6:00pm – 9:00pm Challis, Challis Community Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, 83226
- September 14: 6:00pm – 9:00pm Idaho Falls, Fairbridge Inn & Suites, 850 Lindsey Blvd, 83402
- September 15: 6:00pm – 9:00pm Pocatello, Clarion Inn, 1399 Bench Road, 83201
- September 16: 6:00pm – 9:00pm Boise, Holiday Inn Express & Suites,3050 S Shoshone, 83705
- September 17: 6:00pm – 9:00pm Coeur d’Alene, Comfort Inn & Suites, 702 W Appleway Ave, 83814
These sessions are not being organized by the BLM; however, BLM staff will attend these sessions as participants and will be on hand to discuss how future TMP and RMP processes will work, the timeline for those processes to occur in your local BLM field office area, and how your suggestions could help shape future decisions. The meetings will also be an excellent time for you to meet national, state and local BLM field office personnel. The BLM is interested in developing partnerships with individuals and organizations to improve the management of OHV recreation on BLM managed lands.
The more information we gather, the higher the quality of each statewide strategy and action plan, so please participate in the listening sessions and invite your fellow club members and riding buddies as well. For more information on the sessions please contact Marc Hildesheim, NOHVCC Program Director, at 208-416-3557 or at email@example.com.