- This event has passed.
NOHVCC Partner Event: USFS National Volunteer Partner and Cooperator Sawyer Workshop
January 7, 2019 - January 11, 2019
Ocala National Forest
Lake George Ranger District
The U.S. Forest Service National Saw Program Policy requires training and certification for volunteer cooperators who operate a chainsaw to clear and maintain recreational trails on Forest Service lands. Some in the OHV community are concerned that lack of opportunity to achieve certification could be a barrier to performing necessary maintenance. As a result, NOHVCC is actively seeking ways to work in partnership with the Forest Service to help ensure that training gets to the right volunteers. Part of NOHVCC’s efforts include sending representatives to the just announced USFS National Volunteer Partner and Cooperator Sawyer Workshop – and there may be an opportunity for you or the appropriate representative from your organization to participate as well!
The workshop objectives are to provide:
- An opportunity for Volunteer Partner and Cooperator groups who use saws on National Forests to learn about their roles and responsibilities in the program.
- Hands-on exposure to the latest Sawyer training techniques.
- An understanding of how human factors influence sawyers’ decision-making abilities.
- The opportunity to build knowledge and skills needed to be designated as Sawyer Instructors and/or Sawyer Evaluators.
If you wish to attend – please note that space is limited, so act fast!
For more information and details on how to register please click here.
- USFS National Saw Program