- This event has passed.
2022 Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition: July 31- August 1 Great Trails Workshop
July 31 - August 1Free
2022 Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition (COHVCO): OHV Training Workshops
Thanks to funding from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife OHV Grant program, COHVCO will be holding multiple workshops to educate and benefit the State’s off-highway vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts, land managers, and other OHV stakeholders. These trainings will be focused on the vision and goals for OHV recreation in the future.
Great Trails Workshop
When: July 31- August 1
Where: Columbine OHV Trailhead
This two-day training will consist of two hands-on field sessions. Field sessions will be held on the Clear Creek Ranger District of the Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest. Participants will be required to provide their own transportation to the field sessions.
The field session will involve riding an OHV to several destinations along the trail system. Each participant is responsible for providing their own vehicle or making arrangements to ride with another class participant. Passengers shall only be allowed on vehicles designed for such use (ROV, UTV, two-up ATV).
All participants in the field session must wear appropriate safety gear including helmets, goggles, over the ankle boots, long sleeved shirt, long pants, and gloves. Anyone not wearing appropriate safety gear will not be allowed to participate in the workshop.
Columbine Staging Area coordinates: 39°48’43.7″N 105°32’25.6″W
- This should bring you right to the site, it is close to Columbine Campground
Columbine Campground: 2987 Bald Mountain Rd, Central City, CO 80427
- There are some FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE sites here if any groups need to camp, but they fill pretty quickly.
- This will lead you past the staging area, but they should see the obvious SA before reaching the CG.
FOR THOSE IN NEED OF A PLACE TO CAMP
- Stated previously, there might be some sights available at the columbine CG but they fill quickly.
- We are in the process of reserving a group camp site at the Pickle Gulch CG where they can accommodate up to 30 persons per site. If we can, we will reserve a site for both trainings for those dates in case people needed a place to stay over night. As of now I only know of the San Carlos OHV needing a place to stay but just in case we will try to book a site large enough to accommodate all.
- There is dispersed camping around Columbine as well. Limited during weekends.
November 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
November 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
November 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm